Dyslexia Gold is a suite of programs primarily for children with SEN.
Three programs focus on reading, one on spelling and one on times tables. They are all designed to be calm, engaging and effective.
Three of the programs, Engaging Eyes, Fluency Builder and Spelling Tutor were subjected to formal trials during 2018. A further trial, in 2019, was planned for Engaging Eyes and Fluency Builder. Unfortunately, due to school closures, only the Engaging Eyes was completed.
- 98% of struggling readers cannot sustain convergence (focus both eyes on the same point for a period of time).
- Playing Engaging Eyes for 10 or more times improves the average reading speed and reading age of pupils.
- Playing Fluency Builder for even a short amount of time improves reading age.
- Playing Spelling Tutor for 10 or more times improves spelling age.
- The intervention is suitable for pupils with English as an Additional Language.
- Daily interventions within the school environment need to be prioritised to allow pupils to make swift progress.